Upcoming EventsBrowse the calendar for more events
- April 29, 2015
- Cuddle Coats PrepCuddle Coats Prep
Time: 6:00 pm
We are receiving lots of fur donations for our Cuddle Coats program and want to ship them to our wildlife rehab partners as soon as possible. Meet at the ARC office (co-located with Ethique Nouveau) at 317 W 48th St. in Minneapolis at 6:00 pm to help prep fur coats and accessories for shipment. Wear clothes that can get a little fuzzy. This is a great, low key way to volunteer and meet some of the other people in the group while helping to save animal lives. at 6:00 pm
- Cuddle Coats PrepCuddle Coats Prep Time: 6:00 pm
- April 30, 2015
- May 2, 2015
- No Kill Walk for AnimalsNo Kill Walk for Animals
Time: 9:00 am
Stop by the ARC booth at the 5th Annual No Kill Walk For the Animals from 9 am - 1 pm at the International Bazaar at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, 1265 Snelling Avenue North, St. Paul. We will be giving out information about our Minnesotans Exposing Petland campaign. See the No Kill Walk Facebook page for more info: http://www.facebook.com/nokillwalkfortheanimals at 9:00 am
- ARC at the Wellness ExpoARC at the Wellness Expo
Time: 9:30 am
Stop by the ARC table at the Wellness Expo on Saturday 5/2 from 9:30 am - 4:30 pm at the Ames Arena, 19900 Ipava Avenue in Lakeville, Minnesota. at 9:30 am
- No Kill Walk for AnimalsNo Kill Walk for Animals Time: 9:00 am
- May 3, 2015
- May Day Parade and FestivalMay Day Parade and Festival Join ARC at the May Day Parade and Festival in Powderhorn Park in Minneapolis on May 3rd. We are planning to march in the parade, which begins at noon, with the ARC banner. Afterwards, we will be passing out all sorts of information about our animal advocacy efforts. Let Chelsea at email@example.com know if you are interested in marching, tabling, leafleting, or all of the above. This is going to be an exciting and fun-filled day. (All Day)
- CRR Volunteer OrientationCRR Volunteer Orientation
Time: 12:00 pm
In celebration of International Respect for Chickens Day, learn how to help chickens at the Chicken Run Rescue Volunteer Orientation, co-sponsored by ARC, in Minneapolis (event address will be emailed to people who RSVP). The best way to advocate for chickens and other farmed animals is to know them as individuals through first-hand experience and hands-on learning. Learn WHO you are speaking for when you speak up for animals. Lots more details and RSVP at Vegan Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/vegan-415/ at 12:00 pm
Sign up to receive
our monthly e-newsletter!
The Animal Rights Coalition operates Ethique Nouveau; a vegan boutique, where all purchases help fund our animal advocacy programs, at 317 W. 48th St. in Minneapolis. The ARC office is located at the same address.
- 1:00- 7:00PM
- noon- 7:00PM
- noon- 6:00PM
- noon- 6:00PM
- noon- 5:00PM
- noon- 4:00PM
Direct Care is Direct Action!
As interest in “urban farming” spreads, many cities are considering letting residents keep chickens. This presents challenges regarding the quality of their care and will likely lead to a huge increase in abandoned birds. Minneapolis currently tolerates wanton breeding, swapping, and backyard slaughter, all of which are being actively promoted by local urban farming enthusiasts. ARC and Chicken Run Rescue encourage you to take an active role in advocating for chickens and other domestic fowl as this trend continues (view the CRR brochure for more information).
Here’s what you can do:
Sign up as a foster or volunteer with CRR to help care for chickens, consider adopting birds who need homes, and apply for chicken permits.
Become involved in local policy development and standards of care. Lobby for education requirements for permit applicants. Work to ensure that backyard slaughter is prohibited in your city.
Advocate for roosters – 50% of hatched chicks are roosters and they are killed outright, abandoned, or sold to slaughter. Oppose limits and bans on roosters.