Upcoming EventsBrowse the calendar for more events
- March 8, 2014
- VegKins Story HourVegKins Story Hour
Time: 1:00 pm
Take a seat and enjoy a couple of read-aloud stories at Minnesotas only vegan store and share the wonder of books with your kids. Stories nourish young imaginations and are fun for kids and grown ups alike. All stories will be short and pro-animal - no Big Bad Wolves in these books! Ethique Nouveau is located at 317 W 48th St. in Minneapolis (between Lyndale and Nicollet). at 1:00 pm
- VegKins Story HourVegKins Story Hour Time: 1:00 pm
- March 9, 2014
- Petland Protest in St. PaulPetland Protest in St. Paul
Time: 1:00 pm
If you have to be picky about which protests you attend, pick this one from 1:00-2:00 pm at the Petland store at 2123 Old Hudson Road in St. Paul on Sunday, March 9. Help send a message loud and clear that we are not going away until Petland stops selling animals from large-scale commercial breeding operations. Even if you can only come for part of the protest, please try to make it. The animals need you to help educate the public on their behalf. Invite your friends. Help us spread the word. Remember that we do not park or trespass in the Petland parking lot. Parking is available in the St. Paul Youth Services lot to the north of the strip mall. RSVP at Minnesota Animal Rights Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Minnesota-Animal-Rights-Meetup/ at 1:00 pm
- Petland Protest in St. PaulPetland Protest in St. Paul Time: 1:00 pm
- March 10, 2014
- Pay Per View at AugsburgPay Per View at Augsburg ARC will be doing Pay Per View tabling at Augsburg College in Minneapolis on Monday, March 10. The Pay Per View program is named for the fact that we pay people $1.00 to view a short video about typical practices on animal farms and in slaughterhouses, answer follow-up questions during a debrief conversation with a trained volunteer, and then send people home with information about how changing their eating habits can make a huge difference for animals, the earth, and themselves. If you would like to volunteer for future Pay Per View events, please contact Jenna: Jenna@animalrightscoalition.com. (All Day)
- March 12, 2014
- ARC In Action MeetingARC In Action Meeting
Time: 7:00 pm
ARC In Action meetings are held every Wednesday from 7-8pm at our vegan store and ARC headquarters, Ethique Nouveau, located at 317 W. 48th St. in South Minneapolis (on 48th St. between Lyndale and Nicollet). Everyone is welcome - you do not have to be an ARC member to attend. Come out, meet other people who care about animals as much as you do, and see how you can get involved. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail Dallas at email@example.com. at 7:00 pm
- ARC In Action MeetingARC In Action Meeting Time: 7:00 pm
- March 13, 2014
- Speciesism: The MovieSpeciesism: The Movie
Time: 7:00 pm
Join us for the Minnesota premiere of Speciesism: The Movie at the Lagoon Cinema, 1320 Lagoon Ave. in Minneapolis. ARC Executive Director Dallas Rising will help to introduce the movie and there will be a Q&A with the director, Mark Devries afterwards. Tickets are $12 and can be purchased here: http://speciesismthemovie.com/screenings/. THe movie takes viewers on a sometimes funny, sometimes frightening adventure across the country, to expose the biggest secrets about modern factory farms, and to ask the biggest questions about the belief that our species is more important than the rest. You will never look at animals the same way again. Especially humans. at 7:00 pm
- Speciesism: The MovieSpeciesism: The Movie Time: 7:00 pm
Sign up to receive
our monthly e-newsletter!
The Animal Rights Coalition operates Ethique Nouveau; a vegan boutique, where all purchases help fund our animal advocacy programs, at 317 W. 48th St. in Minneapolis. The ARC office is located at the same address.
- noon- 8:00PM
- noon- 6:00PM
- noon- 6:00PM
- noon- 5:00PM
World Wide Vegan Bake Sale – Twin Cities Style!
Update: Huge thanks to Celeste Hill and Melissa Swanson, World Wide Vegan Bake Sale – Twin Cities Style organizers, and all the volunteers who staffed the sale. Because of all your hard work we raised over $850 for animal advocacy programs in Minnesota. We were also thrilled at the many new people who stopped in who were considering a vegan diet and wanted to learn more about it.
Don’t miss the World Wide Vegan Bake Sale – Twin Cities Style on Saturday, April 21 at Ethique Nouveau, 317 West 48th St. in Minneapolis. All are welcome! It’s baketivism at its most awesome. All proceeds go to support the Animal Rights Coalition’s animal rights advocacy in Minnesota. (ARC is also the group that keeps Minneapolis Vegan Meetup going, BTW.)
Delight in the wide assortment of amazing vegan goodies – all the delish, none of the effort! Make sure to bring a container to tote home all the homemade goodness. A human who is able to stick to buying “just one” treat at our extravaganza of sweetness doesn’t seem to actually exist. Never been to one of our Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale events? Make plans to attend as it’s not to be missed! We kick off at 10am and the sale runs until 4pm. That’s 6 whole hours of deliciousness!